Monday, February 16, 2009

Review - Okami

First thought - I'm a wolf? YAYYY!!!!
I'm a really COOL wolf!
Why am I not attacking? Attack, attack darn it! *Swings Wii remote around wildly*
Wow, the graphics are weird.

Story line - The story is deep and entertaining. Most of the main characters have surprising secrets. There are a few parts that stray from the story, but I can live with that. Over all story is much longer than you would initially think, I figured I could beat the game in 2 days, took me 3 and a few sleepless nights. (Not really sleepless unless you think going to bed at 1 A.M. is sleepless.)

Gameplay - All of the areas are big and full of things to collect or do. However, too many bosses and too long boss fights get annoying after a while, but not game-braking. (Brother yelling about how "The game messed up" when he was playing like an idiot? Game Braking.) There are many unique powers you get during your adventure that add a lot to the game. Making lily pads on the water to get across long canals, slicing rocks and enemies in half, making coulombs of water and even creating bombs can all be done with your special "Celestial Paintbrush".

Sound - Great music, realistic dog (wolf) noises, no voiceovers to mess up.

Graphics - You could either say the graphics where A. Bad, or B. cool. I think they are cool, made to be Japanese Painting styled. Most enemies are a bit... odd... (the flying igloo with animal legs and a lantern tail for example) but fun to kill. Everything has a charm to it that is hard to dislike.

Controls - ..........
......
Well, the controls could be better. I often find myself rendered unable to attack because the controller is not responding. Sometimes I have to try several times before I can make a simple slash. The camera is often at angles that just don't help at all. However, I don't see how the game could be made for any other controller. You NEED to have a Wii controller to do all of the brushstrokes. (Also, when you run with the nunchuk stick directly forward, you go run forward but over time turn slightly to the right.)

Entertainment - Very entertaining. Although surprisingly long, I never once got bored of the game. After my bro stops hogging the game, I will play it again.

Overall rating - 9. Very fun, great story line. Highly recommended for anyone who can live with control problems.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, that would not be me!!
I totally fail at ALL video games...
The game sounds fun though...

Anonymous said...

xD How about Wii Music, NAtalie?

Sounds fun, but a flying igloo? O.O

Anonymous said...

oh, well, I tried Wii Music because my cousins brought it over. I didn't fail, it is virtually impossible to fail that thing...It wasn't a good game, to play the violin, you wave the nunchuck around and press TWO buttons for the notes.

Anonymous said...

xD that must have been fun.

Wolfington said...

Update

Flying igloo is only one of natures oddities. There are also..

Flying couldrens with monkey heads,
Wooden wheals with assorted noses, eyes, ears and mouths on them (Accumpenied by an element, fire, electricity, the likes)
Three mongooses holding sicles to form a circle with an element, usualy fire.

I heard Wii Music was.. interesting. Not my kind of game.

Anonymous said...

Wow...That's amazing...How do people come up with these things??? Like seriously, "oh, we need character, hmm...how about a mix between potions and transfiguration classes at hogwarts. We can make a cauldron with a monkey head. Cool!!!"

I don't think wii music is anyone's type of game. It is an insult to the music world!!!!

Unknown said...

this is intense

Anonymous said...

yeah...

Wolfington said...

:-)
It is very intense.

There are descriptions of all of the monsters, sometimes it makes sense.

The frozen wheel with the mouth on it, for example, is the spirit of someone that always said cold words. That persons spirit was bound to a wheel.

Weird, I know.

Anonymous said...

wait...his spirit was bound to a wheel?? How did he do that?

Anonymous said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Sluggish Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Find HD Movies, Console Games, Music, Software & Download Them @ Accelerated Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]