Friday, February 15, 2008

Getting Shy-Rotam

Recently my hunter, Vallrok, got Shy-Rotam as a pet. After slowly changing views on what new pet I wanted, Frostsaber Pride Watcher or Shy-Rotam, I finaly went with the less commen look.
A friend from my guild came to help, as she had yet to do the quest Shy-rotam of the Frostsaber. Actualy, she had yet to do the whole chain. I helped her through, grumbling all the way about how BLizzard made the quests to easy by making the enemies non-elite.
When we finaly got to the stage with the cat, we ran out to the Frostsaber Den and started killing cats.
10 minutes later.... Nothing..
20 minutes later.... No Sacred Frostsaber meat yet..
30 minutes later.... Ok seriously..
45 minutes later.... Yes!!!!!
Ok, so now we had the meat, we just need to summon him, right? Right!
Summoned...
Hey, why is "tame beast" not useble yet? What? Mana? Crap! Ok, drink a mana potion, we are ok..
Auto shot. *random troll swear words* ok, he has 15% health left...
Ok, I have him in Ice, I am taming... He is out of ice! 2 seconds left... WHAT?! He can FEAR!?!?!
No mana left, put on aspect of the viper, (which I forgot I even HAD) ok, lets try this again. Taming...
Taming....
Taming....
Taming....
18 seconds later, Vallrok is running around randomly with a fear spell one him.


Ok, seems like his fear has an 18 second CD. Tame Beast is a 20 second cast.
I have enough mana for an Ice trap!
I have enough mana for tame beast!

I have a new pet!

Note: all this took about 3 minutes of in-game time. For one 20 second cast.

No comments: